Book The Book of Mormon
A smashing and stunning Broadway success and winner of nine Tony awards, The Book of Mormon is a Broadway import yet readily compatible to West End needs.
As a religious satirical comedy, The Book of Mormon has broken earning records in West End taking over £2 million in ticket sales in mere 14 hours of its pre-run sales! From fundamentals of religion to ‘consumerism, the state of the economy and the musical theatre genre itself’ The Book of Mormon encapsulates it all.
The Book of Mormon is written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone in collaboration with Avenue Q co-composer Robert Lopez. The storyline follows two young Mormon missionaries sent to remote village in northern Uganda to spread the word of religion in a cruel backdrop. The ruler of the village is particularly unjust and atrocious towards the native population yet the indifferent attitude of the masses towards religion is a bigger and more disturbing problem for the Mormon missionaries. The missionaries have trouble trying to connect with the locals as the villagers of Northern Uganda are at the most, mildly concerned of religion and much more worried about poverty, famine and AIDS. So their preoccupied minds with the bitter realities of life have little, if any room to hear and consume religious scriptures and knowledge which Mormon missionaries are eager to share.
The musical has been adored by Londoners who pour in huge numbers from all over the city to witness the surprises, suspense and humour which the melo-dramatic Book of Mormon brings with it. The show as a spectrum of vibrant colours covers variant themes and leaves out a little. Book the Book of Mormons tickets now to witness a theatrical delight!
Nine 2011 Tony Awards say The Book Of Mormon is the Best Musical of the Year.
Vogue says, “It's the funniest musical of all time.”
The New York Times says, “It's the best musical of this century.”
It's The Book of Mormon, the Broadway phenomenon from South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and Avenue Q co-creator Robert Lopez.
★★★★★ Sunday Telegraph ★★★★ The Independent on Sunday ★★★★ Whatsonstage.com ★★★★ The Independent ★★★★ Evening Standard ★★★★ Metro ★★★★ Time Out
theatre, join our newsletter.
Keep up to date with the latest theatre news and offers by signing up to our newsletter and joining us on social media
- ELDER PRICE - KJ HIPPENSTEEL
- ELDER CUNNINGHAM - CODY JAMISON STRAND
- NABULUNGI - ALEXANDRA NCUBE
- MORONI / ELDER McKINLEY - STEVEN WEBB
- MAFALA HATIMBI - RICHARD LLOYD KING
- PRICE’S DAD / JOSEPH SMITH / MISSION PRESIDENT - DEAN MAYNARD
- GENERAL / SATAN - MICHAEL MOULTON
- SWING - KELLY AGBOWU
- ENSEMBLE - CHANICE ALEXANDER-BURNETT
- ENSEMBLE - PHILIP CATCHPOLE
- ENSEMBLE - NICHOLAS COLLIER
- SWING - CHRIStopher COPELAND
- ENSEMBLE - BRENDAN CULL
- ENSEMBLE - JOSHUA DA COSTA
- SWING - JOSEPH DAVENPORT
- ENSEMBLE - NICOLE DENNIS
- SWING - JONATHAN DUDLEY
- SWING - Myles Hart
- SWING - ALEX LODGE
- Swing / Assistant Dance Captain - JOSHUA LOVELL
- Swing - Rhianne-Louise McCaulsky
- ENSEMBLE - NICHOLAS MCLEAN
- SWING / DANCE CAPTAIN - DAVID McMULLaN
- STAND-BY ELDER CUNNINGHAM - DAVID O’REILLY
- ENSEMBLE - Sackie Osakonor
- ENSEMBLE - STEPHEN ROLLEY
- ENSEMBLE - SCOTT SUTCLIFFE
- ENSEMBLE - Ngozi Ugoh
- ENSEMBLE - Anna Van Ruiten
- ENSEMBLE - RODNEY VUBYA
- ENSEMBLE - Tommy Wade-Smith
- ENSEMBLE - Harry Wright